Wondering if you should get Botox to deal with crow’s feet wrinkles? You have already received the necessary consultation and you are fully aware that only Botox can solve the problem of angry wrinkles between the eyebrows? Or just can’t wait to properly prepare for the upcoming winter holidays with a fresher, smoother and with reduced horizontal wrinkles on the forehead?
In fact, Botox is a procedure that successfully copes with all these signs of aging not just effectively but also in the long run. Often, even Botox is your only option for dealing with specific fine lines. At the same time, we are talking about a serious dermatological procedure. Before making an appointment for Botox, it is good to be aware of everything related to the therapy.
We advise you to read the following lines and tips just before calling for a consultation or directly for a Botox procedure. This way you will be aware of the end result and you will avoid disappointment, and you will also be aware of possible side effects and contraindications.
Before applying Botox, you need to refrain from:
- Taking aspirin, anticoagulants and all medication that increases the risk of bleeding. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should also be stopped a few days before botulinum toxin is injected.
- Nutritional supplements containing vitamin E, fish oil are not recommended.
These recommendations are due to the fact that most of these substances lead to reduced blood clotting ability, which in turn seriously increases the risk of hematoma formation after Botox injection.
At least two days before the procedure, do not consume alcohol. It can reduce the effect of local anesthesia, and hence the injection of Botox could cause pain.
24 hours before the therapy it is good that the face is not treated with highly concentrated acids and active ingredients to maintain clean skin. Come to the clinic without makeup with a well-cleaned face (products with a neutral pH are recommended for this purpose).
Botox is unacceptable and contraindicated in:
- Presence of infection in the face and décolleté and neck area
Just in case, during the Botox consultation, discuss your personal health status with the specialist. Describe your current state of health, recent illnesses and treatments you have undergone, the presence of chronic illnesses, and possible medications and supplements. This discussion will reduce the risk of complications, reducing the effects of Botox and possible side effects.
Botox can actually disappoint you with some side effects:
- Botulinum toxin can cause allergies, manifested by shortness of breath, itching and mild local bleeding. Fortunately, it passes quickly after taking standard anti-allergic drugs, but also makes it clear that in the future we must forget about this anti-aging procedure.
- Feeling of tightness and irritation of the skin. This side effect passes in a few days. Usually, the real result of Botox appears immediately after it. You should know that the effect of the procedure is visible after about a week.
- Dizziness. This is a very rare side effect. If you notice this, contact your doctor immediately.
If you are afraid, here are some facts that will motivate you to put aside your doubts!
First of all, you should know that the procedure is completely painless. You will not feel any discomfort, even after the injection. Moreover – the application of Botox takes no more than 15 minutes. Many ladies even undergo the procedure during the lunch break and return to the office without difficulty in performing their regular duties. Botox has a very positive effect on all types of wrinkles, but the best thing about it is that this effect can last up to half a year, and sometimes more! Botox is a great rejuvenating and beautifying procedure for existing signs of aging, and increasingly as a prevention for younger ladies. For decades, it has been the favorite therapy for smoothing the faces of world-famous stars such as the legendary Cher, the unique Madonna and even the sexy Michael Douglas. So, yes, dear gentlemen, Botox is also suitable for men!